Coronavirus (COVID-19): Please do not attend the surgery if you have symptoms of coronavirus. Ring NHS 111 or access the online coronavirus service: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 For latest information: www.nhs.uk
On 2nd September 2019 Coxhoe Medical Practice was taken over by the team at Cestria Health Centre. All services are continuing to run normally.
EXTENDED GP ACCESS - Central Durham GP Federation
Need to see a GP in the evening or weekends?
GPs in central Durham, Chester le Street and Derwentside are working together to offer extra GP appointments from 6.30pm on weekday evenings as well as Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Just call your surgery to book any available evening and weekend GP appointments. +
Please see attached the self-referral proforma to see a physiotherapist.
Accessible Information Standard
We want to get better at communicating with our patients. We want to make sure you can read and understand the information we send you. If you find it hard to read our letters or if you need someone to support you at appointments, please let us know.
Please tell us if you need:
- Information in braille, large print or easy read.
- A British Sign Language interpreter or advocate.
- If we can support you to lip-read or use a hearing aid or communication tool.
Please tell the receptionist when you arrive for your next appointment or telephone 0191 3770215 between 2pm and 4pm.
Named Accountable GP for All Patients
All Practices now need to allocate all patients a named accountable GP - you do not need to see only your named accountable GP for your appointments, you have completely free choice to request an appointment with any GP in the practice.
Coxhoe Medical Practice keeps a record of your accountable GP and if you wish to know which doctor it is, please ask one of the reception team members when you are in the surgery.
Online Services for Appointment Bookings, Prescription Requests and Selected Medical Record Summary
Patients can now book appointments, view certain summary medical record items and request prescriptions live online by connecting directly with our practice computer system. To use this system you will need an access password specific to your medical record - confidentiality and data security is very important to us. If you would like to access this service please enquire at Reception. However, please be aware that you will be asked for some identification before a password can be generated.
(For further information please click on the Online Services on the quick links section)
Electronic Prescription Service
This service will mean that we can send your prescription electronically to the Pharmacy you choose to get your medication from without the need for paper in most cases. The Electronic Prescription Service is reliable, secure and confidential.
If you would like to use the Electronic Prescription Service:
- You will need to 'nominate' a pharmacy to receive your prescriptions electronically. You can ask a member of our Practice Staff or staff in the pharmacy to arrange this.
- You can then continue to order your prescription in the usual way, but instead of a paper prescription being collected by you or your pharmacy, the prescription will be sent to them electronically.
- You should try to ensure that on most occasions you collect your prescriptions from your nominated Pharmacy. However, if you don't wish to use your nominated Pharmacy for a particular prescription just make sure you let the surgery know when you request the prescription. For example if you wish to collect a prescription from the surgery reception, or a different pharmacy.
- Nomination is very flexible and can be cancelled at any time by asking a member of staff at the pharmacy or the surgery.
Government Coronavirus Data Extraction
The UK Government are extracting data from all GP systems regarding patient's coronavirus status. Cestria is required by law by the Government to comply with this data extraction. For more information, please click HERE.